Tuesday 31 January 2012

The Romance is Over!

We'll, it happened.  It's come to an end!  I am a little sad....but also looking forward to the prospects of moving on!  It's been a wonderful time, we've shared good times and bad, high's and low's.  We've had ice cream, taken walks, watched movie's, read books, watched t.v., slept in....but......it's all over!

That's right peeps.  The "school holiday's" are over and its time to WAKE UP and smell the school books. 

Oh I've really enjoyed my time off.  Last term I started homeschooling my 2 younger children.  And I have to tell you, its not all sweetness and light.  There is a big commitment to bear when you are responsible for educating your little cherubs.

Hats off to all you Teacher's out there!  I don't know how you do it!  :)

But I did make the commitment, and so I will follow through.  I had in mind that because I am in control of my own school term, that I would start the children 2 weeks earlier, and get a start on things......

WRONG!

It was me who couldn't break out of the holiday mode and get back to reality.  I don't think I've enjoyed my holiday's so much.....ever!

So I am going to have to dig deep and pull out all the stops this week. 

By nature I am the Queen of Organisation, Cooking, Cleaning....its my passion to run my household, that's what I am good at.  My girlfriend even calls me KWDG,
"Kelly Waldeck Domestic Goddess"....wow, if she could see me now, she would be disappointed. 

Having kids with me all the time, requires me to be even more organised, even time to myself now has to be scheduled in. 

People are always commenting on how I do things.  For example they are blown away when they see a menu, and chore list on my fridge, or when I open my freezer and have a load of baked goods ready to go, or that 2 lots of dinner are being cooked at the same time.

I love it!  And I find it natural and easy to do, and I assumed everyone else did too!  NOT SO.  Apparently there is only a small minority that think and act this way?  So, I thought I would share these things with you.

I am a frugal home maker.  We have always been a one income family, and times have been very tough.  And as home maker it has been my job, (one of them), to steer this family through on one income, still eating well, still providing for, and still enjoying life....not easy to do, an art some may say.  But when the stakes are high and the money is low, you have to think outside the box!

So meet me here tomorrow, and we'll start the journey of KWDG, and all the things I have learned along the way!

See you then x

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!

    You go my KWDG, I'd be proud of you no matter what girl.

    Love you lots
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written you gorgeous goddess!

    ReplyDelete