Wednesday 18 April 2012

Centre Stage!

Well...I survived....


Having 2 y o twins was challenging and lovely all at the same time!


Did I learn any lessons......YES!!!!!!


Did I have "stella moments"   you bet!


But it was the most invaluable lesson I have learned in about 10 years!


I couldn't have paid a professional to give me the "lesson" that I learned for free!


What is the lesson you ask?


There are a few lessons here people, so stay with me.


Lesson #1  


Twins are hard! - Double the energy, double the time,
Double the lifting, double the nappies, double the tiredness, double, double, double,  did I mention double?


*Sidenote* These two little cherubs were literally little angels. They slept
for 12 hours every night, and 2 solid hours during the day.  And they were beautifully behaved.....still tired tho!


Lesson #2


I have been living in the past...and they have cured me of it!


What do I mean?  Well as you know I have 4 children of my own, and I have been grieving my babies growing up!  My youngest baby is now 8, but I have been living my life like I still have babies around!  Don't ask me why, I have just been in a "baby" rut for at least 3 or 4 years, thinking that my life is still hard!


BUT.....ITS NOT.....ITS SO EASY NOW!  


HELLO.....STELAAAAA....WHERE HAVE I BEEN FOR 4 YEARS?


No longer are my kids hands on like the babies were!  But I didn't even realise it.


My DG (Dear Girlfriend) said having her cherubs might cure me of my "cluckyness"  and boy it did....(love your babies Cat!)


But I have found a new appreciation for my new "stage" in life.....my new
"Centre Stage"! 


I didn't realise how much FREEDOM I actually have even though my kids still need me.  But I can now come and go pretty much most of the time, and even start hobbies and interests, that I had let go over the years thinking I couldn't do them because I didn't have the "time" or the "energy"!!!


(Silly Silly Woman!)


I will now look at my life through my new "Rose Coloured Glasses" that I purchased from the shop!  


You know, the glasses you can buy, when your life isn't looking so rosy anymore, you buy these "glasses" from the shop and when you look through them they make everything in your life look wonderful and rosey!!


Ha Ha....give me 2 pairs...


So thank you DG for letting me have your little cherubs, I loved every minute of it, they were gorgeous, and a blessing to have, in more ways than one!


Stella  :)

2 comments:

  1. welcome to your new world Kelly. You will always be a Ma....but you are now Freer! Ma Deek.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we need a catalyst to propel us into the now...sounds like you had a good one !

    ReplyDelete