Friday 30 March 2012

A Bee In My Bonnet!

We are women, and yes sometimes we get a "bee" in our "bonnet".


I think it is supposed to be that way...that is how change occurrs.


Yesterday was that day for me....a bee came by and flew into my bonnet.


I'm talking about a "haircut".  


I have not had my hair trimmed since September last year.  And that is not like me at all.  But the problem has been, I am between hairdressers!


Ahhh, you are all nodding.  You compute, you understand.


Us women, hate being between hairdressers!  


Our hair to us is like "Samson's" hair in the Bible...


*Sidenote* if you are not familiar with that story....Samson had a long flowing mane of hair (picture it) washboard stomach, six pack, muscles, some hip sandals, and long flowing hair, and it was his hair that gave him his strength, when someone cut it, all his strength was gone!


So, for me when I am in doubt about something, I don't do anything!  Hence the long scraggy hair I've been carrying around for 6 months.


After being unwell for so long.....the bee in my bonnet decided to fly in that day, and I HAD TO GET MY HAIR CUT NOW........Not tomorrow, not next week...but now!


My poor mum was barraged with sms photos of the latest bob hairstyles!  When I get my haircut, it rules my thoughts until it's cut.....


"What if I don't like it?",  "What if it makes me look fat in my jeans?", 
"What if they cut it too short?"......


All those thoughts swimming around in my head......And if I get a bad haircut, it can plunge me into the depths of depression until it grows out again!  Why?


Well a good haircut can make or break your self esteem, just like our dear old friend, Samson!


With a bad haircut, all my strength and confidence is zapped out of me and can make me feel down about myself, and then it seems to be that way till the next haircut.


I have been loyal to my old hairdresser for 12 years!  A long time....But a change is in the air for me...as you all know, so I took the plunge and tried someone new!


GASP!  


I know, it was very scary.  Meeting someone for the first time, who doesn't know your hair, and doesn't know you from a bar of soap!


BUT....


She was fantastic!  I talked, she listened, I shut up, she cut!   Simple!


And the result.......


"I feel like a million bucks!", and should have done it ages ago!


So the moral of the story is?


"TAKE YOUR BONNET OFF, GET RID OF THAT BEE, AND GET YOUR HAIRCUT"!


Stella!

5 comments:

  1. looks great on sms...hahaha. Cannot wait to see it 'for real'
    your ma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly.....but isnt there a hairdresser in the family??
    I get mine cut every 4 weeks, but its super short and grows really fast! i gotta say that i love to go to the hairdressers - and have had the same one for over 10 years! Still not as good as your mum though!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately Dayna, my personal hairdresser retired years ago! I love the hairdresser too, it's like a treat to be pampered, and it always makes you feel good when you walk out.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree ! Unfortunately Molly has inherited my love of the hairdresser too! So when i go it costs me double! But its soooo worth it! This is why i work - to keep our hair looking awesome! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. So where is the stunning photo lovey. You can't leave us hanging !!!

    ReplyDelete