Monday 12 March 2012

Reality Bites!

I never really paid much attention to the term "reality bites".


I've heard it many times before, but have only just had first hand experience of what it really means.


The holiday came and went....and now back to life....


Yep.....REALITY.....and it bites!


I love coming home, don't get me wrong, there is no other feeling than walking into your home sweet home after a holiday.  The familiarity of it all is sooooo
comforting.


But I always feel like a truck hits me right between the eyes.


Maybe is the travelling that starts it all off.....put's you out of whack.


Maybe its 4 kids at once talking to you and asking questions, that you are not quite ready to answer.....Whatever it is, it can be overwhelming!


So when I get home, it takes me a while to adjust to it all again, and this time the adjusting has taken me 2 days!


Is it my age?  (no of course not....maybe?)


I seem to go slower now.  A day to organise the washing.  A day to think about putting a meal together.  A day to get my brain into gear for the week ahead.


Hmmmm, Reality is the 4 x 2 that hits us squarely in the head after our unrealistic week away....


That's right....a holiday is one of the most unrealistic things we could do...with tid bits of reality thrown in during that time....


For example....I woke everyday to someone cooking my breakfast...whilst this was going on, someone was making my bed and cleaning my hotel room.....at the same time someone was serving me coffee whenever my cup got half empty (that is bliss!).


Twice a day I would have someone rub my feet and back, yep you heard me, twice a day!


I was ferried in a taxi wherever I wanted to go.  People helped me with my shopping.


My whole experience for 1 week was tailored to suit my wants and needs....


Ahhh, it takes me back to being a kid.  That's exactly what mum used to do for me...bar rubbing my feet everyday....(love you mum).  As kids our mums did stuff for us, and maybe that's why I love these holiday's so much.
I remember what it felt like to put Kelly first!


After having kids, Kelly becomes, 2,3,4,5, and 10!!!


No wonder I can't adjust when I get home.  Every cell in my body is screaming to go back for that "UNREALISTIC" experience...I wonder if I would ever get sick of people waiting on me hand and foot???  Hmmmm, nice thought!


STELLAAAAAA!

No comments:

Post a Comment