Tuesday 6 March 2012

Pretend Terrorist!

Don't you just love going on a romantic holiday with your DH (Dear Husband)?

We were well on our way to a relaxing week in Bali.  Two (not so young) lovebirds in the car on the way to the airport!  Excitement building as our holiday lay before us!

One whole week without the "cherubs".  All those things lay out before me.

"What do I want to do?"  "What do I want to eat?"  "Where do I want to go?"

A whole week of Kelly and DH (Dear Husband) doing exactly what we feel like, when we feel like it.....bliss!

So at the airport, we did the usual.  Bought me a coffee and trashy magazines, bought the old boy scotch and coke, looked at Duty free, and proceeded to go through customs!

Now, what is about to happen next, is unexpected!

You hear about these things, you know they happen, but you don't think they will happen to you!

Going through customs in Australia is pretty straight forward, especially if you have done it before!

I pack light and carry light, so for me I go through the metal detector without any problem, and my handbag goes through ok....apart from me explaining diabetes meds, (needles etc!)...but usually straight forward...

I make it through no problems.

But just as I am through, sirens wail, lights flash and security all come running from out of nowhere, to grab the guy behind me!

As I turned around, I noticed the guy behind me was DH(Dear Husband).

OH STELLA!

Was he a terrorist?   Did he have explosives attached to him?  Was he a drug mule?

Hmmmm.....as far as I knew, he was my DH.

So after pulling him aside, and running their metal detector over him, he had alot of explaining to do....to them....and me!

It turns out, in his laptop bag, was a very long, very sharp Knife!!!!

Yes, you heard me.....KNIFE!

What the?   How?  When?  What the?

"Woops" was his answer to the big burly officer!  "woops"!!!

"I use it to cut up my fruit at work, and forgot to take it out"!!!

FORGOT TO TAKE IT OUT.....THE LONG SHARP KNIFE......BEFORE WE GO THROUGH CUSTOMS....FORGOT!!!

How can you forget to take out your knife before you go through a very stringent pat down and screening before you board a flight.  That's like saying you forgot to strap the bomb on properly, or I forgot to disarm the gun, or I forgot to pack underwear!

(that has happened by the way)....

So after much embarrasment, and a little explaining, the officers had a good laugh and let us on our way....!  Thank Goodness.

Now if that is not a stella moment, I don't know what is...

I told you Stella Moments even occur on romantic holiday's!


1 comment:

  1. This could only happen to the Waldecks! Seriously!
    enjoy your hold. Love Cat xx

    ReplyDelete