Thursday 29 March 2012

Goodbye Olly!

When I first laid eyes on this baby...it was not love at first sight...infact I was always a cat person growing up....and my DD (Dear Daughter) #3 actually picked "Olly" out of the litter of 8 puppies.


As I have said previously, we were duped with him, as we firmly believed we were buying a pure cocker spaniel....and he turned out to be crossed with a red setter, and behaviour wise is a red setter....a nutter on legs!


But as the weeks grew into months, I fell in love with this dog, and he is my baby!


Who can resist this famous photo, that captures him completely.....





Butter wouldn't melt in his mouth!!!


He is the most adorable thing as far as I am concerned, and he has his funny little quirks that make him unique!


When we first brought this baby home, we were so worried he would be hurt and might get cold, and lonely, and miss his brothers and sisters, and I remember a few sleepless nights at the beginning!






But cute he was!
















And then he slowly became meshed into our family life, and both he and us, made some adjustments along the way!


Those eye's.....they get me every time!  I can't resist them.  And he is so loyal to me.  I mean, even more than my DH (Dear Husband).  When I walk outside first thing in the morning, with my bed head and bad breath, coffee in hand and sleep in my eyes.....He loves me no matter what I look or smell like.  He sits by my side and doesn't move until I move, to get my second cup of coffee!  And even when I do, he waits by the back door until I return....Now that's loyalty!


He is relaxed and well mannered...(that was not always the case!)  I had to do alot of work with him to get him to this point.


As you can see by the way he sits, he is not a well bred champion...infact they would reject him, on the way he sits, alone!


But he's my champion.......






An ODE to you Olly.  We love you.  You have been a wonderful addition to our family.  A loyal dog and friend....who will be sorely missed by all of us!  We are so thankful we got to spend this time with you.  You have been a special little friend and have showed love and loyalty without asking anything in return....
I remember those fun times we had throwing a ball to you for hours, and you would return it every time!  


*Side note* He loved his ball so much, we bought him a "Tennis Ball Launcher" that launches balls about 5 metres into the air.  We trained him to load the launcher each and every time...as he is so obsessed with his ball, we got tired before he did....so with coffee in hand, I would turn on the machine, and sit back and relax and watch this clever dog load up his tennis machine....that would shoot off a tennis ball every 10 seconds, and he would be constant!  We never knew if it would be him or the batteries that ran out!!!


So farewell my beautiful friend.


Rest as peacefully in doggy heaven as you are in this picture......


We love you Olly.


RIP....






Because if you ever come anywhere
near me I will tear you from limb
to limb with my bare hands for
shredding your new bed into a million
pieces last night!!!!


Stellaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

3 comments:

  1. OMG I was in tears reading this....as you know I hated him ....then I fell in love with him.....little bugger Olly-poos.... granma val loves you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Way to make me cry Kel! We have had many scenes like that last pic at our place. But what can we do? We still love them, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I still love him....little stinker!

    ReplyDelete