Monday 26 March 2012

It's A Zoo Out There!

Having Stella Moments is one thing, but having Stella Moments when you are not even there is another....

Let me explain....

Whilst I have been cooped up in hospital all week, getting over my gall surgery...life has been going on around me....that's the thing with life, it never stops!

So my lovely mum and dad have been looking after my youngest cherubs for the week so I can rest in peace, in hospital, literally!

So on one of the days, my dad, bless him, decided to take the cherubs to the zoo for the day...brave man....(and he doesn't even like the zoo).

So what started out as a wonderful day out, lots of fun with POP...turned out to be a Stella Moment, in it's own right!  And I wasn't even there!

My youngest DD (Dear Daughter) was pressing up against the Hyena enclosure when she got her knee jammed between the bars!  A simple thing to do, with kids, anything can happen.  So with a little twisting and manipulating on Poppy's part.....

NOTHING!

It would not budge, it could not budge, it did not budge, there was no budge!

Oh Stella!

(I Was secretly glad that these things don't always happen to me....but I guess this doesn't count, as it was still my child!)

So after about 15 minutes of trying....Poppy sent DD (Dear Daughter) #2 to get help from the professionals.....THE ZOO KEEPERS!

It would not budge, it could not budge, it did not budge, there was no budge!

"Haaaa Haaaa Haaa"  someone thought it was hilarious!  (They were laughing Hyena's and thought they were getting "Dinner and a Show"!)

After a while, one of the professionals suggested "Elephant Oil" rubbed up and down the leg would do the trick!

Meanwhile the Hyena's were licking their chops!  And much to DD terrifying thoughts, there were 3 or 4 children's shoe's at the bottom of the enclosure, she was imagining all the other children before her, who had actually slipped through the bars into the enclosure, and that was all that was left of them!

Oh Stella!

It would not budge, it could not budge, it did not budge, there was no budge!

So in a last ditch attempt, the big guns were called in.....YEP......

"The Crow Bar"

It took 3 burly men to free my cherub from the Hysterics of the Hyena Enclosure.  And then an extra half an hour filling out forms, as this was now deemed an "Incident"!!!!

All the while, I was blissfully unaware, in a deep slumber, resting in Peace!

Stellaaaaaaa........

4 comments:

  1. Bernadette in what was cold England now warm27 March 2012 at 04:48

    Hi Kelly , hope your on the way to a full recovery x your poor dad !! and poor DD it must be in the genes lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bernadette,
    Yes each day I am getting better....and yes it's all in the genes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stella.......what a day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a story to tell over and over for many years to come.....hope the recovery is going well.

    ReplyDelete