Wednesday 29 February 2012

The "Gall" of It!

How rude!

I was minding my own business on the weekend, enjoying our usual Friday night pizza and movie with the kids, only to have a bout of "heartburn" take over my weekend.

It progressively got worse, and a quick phone call to mum for a prognosis and medication, and I thought I was rid of it!  Or was I?

NO.

What started out as heartburn, ended up to be so much more!





Now, I have never had heartburn before, so was not sure what I was dealing with.  I basically spent 2 nights pacing up and down trying to divert my attention from the pain.....


One thing about me, my pain thresh-hold is really high, so I could be having a heart attack and be thinking, I will just give it another day and see how it goes, or my leg could be hanging off and I am trying to fix it with a Band-aid!

Side-note....that's the thing about mums, you don't have time to be sick!

So after 2 days of pain, and taking the remedies of heart-burn, I decided to ring Health Direct (a 24 hour online medical advice programme run in Australia)

After a few questions, it was unanimous....GO STRAIGHT TO HOSPITAL....
Oh Stella!

Within minutes I was ushered into Emergency, and had a series of tests done.

First test being I had to drink a liquid, that glows in my body and shows up any abnormalities!  Hmmmm, sounds fun?

Going through this machine, they inject you with a substance that feels like you have just had a drink of acid, and it burns right through your system....YAY...Loved it....NOT!

The big lit up blobby on the left is me...

So after lighting up all of Western Australia, I had my diagnosis.....




GALL STONES!

What The?

Never had it, never heard of it, now it was my problem....WHY?  HOW?  WHEN?  WHAT?  You know, the usual questions....



Well it might have something to do with the fact that I am nearly, you know, (mid life)...and is quite common at this age...GREAT, it's already started and I havn't even turned the big >>>>>>You know!  I am weeks off!  How rude, it hit me early!

So with a big stone in my gall bladder, I am a grumpy "stella" at the moment.  Apparently it won't pass, and after my "duck flying north, Honeymoon", I will have to come back and face the music of having my gall bladder removed!

There could be an advantage to that!  I could lose 500g of weight!  Ha Ha.

So middle age is hitting me square in the face, or in my case the gall bladder!

Stellaaaaa!    The "Gall" of it!






























































1 comment:

  1. Yeh me too. Not much fun eh. All the best for yr op Kelly.

    ReplyDelete